The KarmaMantra Green Initiative
As responsible members of the society we recognize our ability to minimize the impact on the environment.
Re-using shipping material is one such drive we follow religiously – where we ensure that all boxes/packing material received from incoming shipments is carefully saved and re-used for packing goods for our customers who luckily for us, share the same environmental sensitivity.
That’s just one way to show our gratitude to Mother Earth.
We harmonize humanity with nature…
· We partner with ‘GreenShipping.com’ to offset our Carbon Footprint with our packages. By purchasing the Greenshipping offset, the shipment becomes carbon neutral with Karma Mantra funding the development of renewable energy. There is not a single penny to be borne by any customer of KarmaMantra for this gesture.
· We are also working with ‘Big Tree Climate Fund’ to offset the total Carbon Footprint by three simple actions - avoiding emission intensive activities, reducing emissions through improved efficiency, conservation and other technologies and offsetting the remaining emissions.
These are some significant steps we have taken at our cost to reduce environmental impact and help live a happier, healthier life…
We also follow some simple tasks to save some environment distress:
· Like drinking water from water coolers using re-usable glasses – water bottles are a complete no-no
· No unnecessary usage of lights or other electronic equipment – we ensure lights, computers, monitors and printers etc. are turned off in unoccupied rooms or when not in use – something simple, common, yet often ignored
· Likewise for Air Conditioning/Heating –, except in areas where temperature controlled is essential.
· Energy efficient bulbs have replaced all our commonly used ones – this is of course in those areas and time of the day when natural sunlight is insufficient to light up the place
· We are gradually doing away with fax machines and unnecessary use of paper and switching to a digital office.
· Strict recycling policy with employees and guest in the warehouse/office.
So Go Green... Go Karma Mantra !